CURBSIDE PICKUP IS AVAILABLE IN NEEDHAM
Call to request items 781-455-7559
Ext 502 for Adult/Young Adult requests
Ext 507 for Children’s requests
Ext 201 to inquire about “hold” items
The Needham Free Public Library and Needham Public Health announce that the Library will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future. This is an effort to practice social distancing, which helps stop the spread of COVID-19.
The Needham Free Public Library is pleased to announce that additional hours are being added to the Library’s curbside pickup program. The new hours are Monday evening and all day on Saturday. The additional hours will increase the time for pickup from 40 hours a week to 51 hours a week. The new schedule is:
Monday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To request materials for curbside pickup, first check the Minuteman Library Network catalog to make sure that the items you want are AVAILABLE IN NEEDHAM.
Call the library at 781-455-7559 and press 502 to request adult or young adult materials or to request information. Press 507 for children’s materials. Press 201 to inquire about materials for which “holds” were placed prior to the March closing. There is a five-item limit for curbside pickup.
It’s Summer Reading Time!
We’ve got reading programs for all ages (adults included)! And don’t forget to take a look at the summer reading lists!
Looking for some books and don’t know what you want? Ask for a Children’s Book Bundle!
Don’t know what to read? No problem!
The librarians in the Children’s Department have made bundles of books on various topics–superheroes, first in a series, books about the moon, librarian favorites etc... Call the library and request one today!
If you’re looking for some specific recommendations there is also an online form you can fill out.
Please call in at 781-455-7559 ext 507 or email the children’s department nee-child-@-minlib.net (remove all dashes)
Common Questions and Resource Information
- The book drop is OPEN! The library has opened its book and audiovisual return slots located at the Rosemary Street Parking Lot entrance to the library. Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours (3 days) before being checked in. At this time, please do not put donations to the Friends in the return slots.
- Online resources available 24/7
- Check out our Children’s Activities at Home, free resources for children and adults webpage, with free resources specifically during this time.
- Check our Facebook for updates involving videos, poetry and other activities we are providing during this challenging time.
- An updated edition of Library Notes is available here. Please use the library notes for more specific instructions regarding some of our more popular services such as Libby by Overdrive, Rbdigital, and Tumblebooks, among others
- Due dates automatically changed/extended
- Fines waived during this time
- Holds are frozen/cannot be placed at this time
- No library card will expire until September 11, 2020
- eCards are available if you’ve never had a library card to access our e-resources! Please sign up using a valid email address. Your temporary barcode and username will be emailed to you.
Mon, Jul 13
Mon, Jul 13