6:00 p.m. August 18, 2020
Needham Town Hall
Under Governor Baker’s emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law G.L. c. 30A, S20”, issued March 12, 2020 and in effect until termination of the emergency, meetings of public bodies may be conducted virtually provided that adequate access is provided to the public.
To listen and view this virtual meeting on a phone, computer, laptop, or tablet, download the “Zoom Cloud Meeting” app in any app store or at www.zoom.us. At the above date and time, click on “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting 81178733033
or click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81178733033.
Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Select Board will be available between 5:45 and 6:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the Select Board’s Office at (781) 455-7500 extension 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
1. 6:00 Certificate of Appreciation – Elaine Saunders, Commission on Disabilities Committee
2. 6:00 Public Hearing: Eversource Energy Grant of Location- Marked Tree Road
• Maureen Carroll, Eversource Energy Representative
3. 6:05 COVID-19 Update
• Tiffany Zike, Public Health Nurse
4. 6:20 Superintendent of Schools Update
• Dan Gutekanst, Superintendent of Schools
5. 6:50 Town Manager
• Appoint Interim Director of Public Works
• Needham Unites Against Racism Initiative
• Small Cell Wireless Facilities Policy
• Open Special Town Meeting Warrant
• Liquor License Regulations
• Town Manager Report
6. 7:20 Board Discussion
• Town Manager Evaluation
• Update of FY2020 – FY2021 Goals
• Town Common Preservation
• Committee Reports
1. Various Committee Reappointments See list attached.
2. Human Rights Committee Marcus Nelson (term expires 6/30/2023)
3. Rail Trail Advisory Committee Stacey Mulroy (term expires 6/30/2023)
4. MWRA Advisory Board Sean Harrington (term expires 6/30/2023)
1. Accept the following donations made to Needham Youth & Family Services’ Volunteers Around Needham Program: $20 from the Kline family; $20 from the Franco Family; and $25 from the Kelleher family.
2. Approve corrected G Schedule for the FY2021 Classification and Compensation Plan.
3. Approve the following grant applications made to the Needham Commission on Disabilities: David Summergrad requested a grant for payment of the $200 honorarium for Lillian Elmore’s presentation via Zoom, sponsored by the Needham Diversity Initiative. Lillian is a senior at Lexington High School who has cerebral palsy and gave an inspirational talk on empowerment, living with disabilities, accessibility and all challenges; and Julie Muse-Fisher, along with Mary Ricci and Kate Groton, requested a grant for up to $2600 to support various initiatives for the new Intensive Learning Center (ILC) at Pollard Middle School.
4. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund: $100 from Mr. Joseph Leghorn.
5. Accept a donation of a 6x10 nylon flag to fly at Avery Square from Ted Shaughnessy, a Needham resident.
6. Accept various donations from the Town of Needham’s Bi-centennial celebration in 1911 and other assorted memorabilia from a Needham native that was born in 1913. Items were donated by his son, Sandy Bucknam. Some items include a pennant, three small plates, a medal and various pictures.
7. Approve minutes from July 21, 2020 meeting.
8. Approve, sign and return the 2020 Final Boundary Validation Program form from the U.S. Census Bureau.
9. Approve donation from the Needham Fire Department of a turnout gear dryer to the Medway Fire Department.
10. Water and Sewer Abatement Order #1294.
11. Disband the Cable Advisory Television Committee with thanks to its members.
12. Approve banner flag design for the showcase banner program on Chapel Street that reads Shop Local, Wear a Mask, Keep Needham Safe. This is an initiative from the Needham Health Department.
revised by the Town Clerks Office on 8/17/2020 @11:12 AM