Help Center
Go To Search
Click to Home
Animal Control
Dog Foot Print
Missing cat in the Woodledge Road area: Please check the missing animals page for more information.

The Animal Control Officer, Danielle Landry, performs a variety of animal control duties. She is responsible for:
  • Helping Needham residents deal with problems caused by animals
  • Responding to complaints and concerns of the public with regard to animal disturbances
  • Enforcing town by-laws and state statues relating to animal control
  • Patroling the streets for stray or injured animals ( domestic or wildlife)
  • Providing first aid and rescue operations for injured animals
  • Responding to telephone and radio requests for emergency animal assistance

Danielle also provides information to the public regarding the proper way to raise and treat animals, as well as what to do about wild animals.
Pet Food Drive
Neponset Valley Humane Society is having a pet food drive! If you would like to donate food, please contact me! I can do pick ups if needed. ---Danielle---

Volunteer Opportunity: Friendly Visitor Program

We match volunteers interested in visiting seniors in their homes to share a cup of tea, read the sports page, or take a short walk.

We have a specific request for a volunteer willing to visit a senior living at a local nursing facility with his or her dog.

Touch a life and yours will be touched in return!

If interested in learning more, please contact the Council on Aging at 781-455-7555.

Do you want to help the animals in your community?

Please check out the Help page.

TruckAthletic Fields: Memorial Park & Defazio
Does your child have a soccer game? Or maybe baseball? Please leave your furry friends at home. Dogs are not allowed on these athletic fields. If an owner and dog are found on the fields, they will receive a citation. If you see a resident with their dog, politely remind them of the town by-law. Thanks for the help!

It is illegal in the State of Massachusetts to relocate wildlife.

It is also illegal to try and raise a wild animal in your home without a license from the state.