- For payments with check or credit card online for Water & Sewer, and Motor Vehicle Excise Tax: Click Here to Access Online Bill Payments
- Payments (check or money order NO CASH) may also be put into the Town’s dropbox located in front of Town Hall on Garrity’s Way or mailed to:
Office of the Tax Collector
Needham Town Hall
1471 Highland Avenue
Needham, MA 02492
*Please note, due to reduced staffing levels, there may be a delay in processing payments.
Property Tax Extension
In accordance with “An Act to Address Challenges Faced by Municipalities and State Authorities Resulting From COVID-19,” Chapter 53 of the Acts of 2020, the Town of Needham has adopted local options as follows:
- The due date of your real and personal property tax bill has been extended to June 1, 2020. June 1, 2020 is the new due date even if the due date for payment on your enclosed or previously mailed tax bill is April 1, 2020 or May 1, 2020.
- The due date for applications for property tax exemptions has also been extended to June 1, 2020. June 1, 2020 is the new due date even if the due date for applications on your enclosed or previously mailed tax bill is April 1, 2020.
- The Town of Needham will also waive interest and other penalties for late payment of any motor vehicle excise tax, FY2020 4th quarter real and personal property tax, betterment assessment, water and/or sewer charge, or other charge added to a tax bill for any payments with a due date on or after March 10, 2020 as long as payment is made before June 30, 2020. This waiver of interest does not apply to bills with due dates that were before March 10, 2020 or if the bill is not paid by June 30, 2020.
Responsibilities & Services
The Collector’s Office serves as the portal for all revenues billed and received by the Town of Needham. All bills for Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes, Motor Vehicle Excise Taxes, Water and Sewer, Recycling and Transfer Station (RTS) fees and the sale of RTS stickers, and other receivables committed by the Board of Assessors are the responsibility of the collector.
Ambulance bills and Parking Tickets are also paid at the Collector’s Office. Upon receipt of a written request and the applicable payment, the Collector’s Office will research and produce a Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC).
The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for cash management and the investment of town funds, the administration of the town’s trust funds, and the processing of payroll and vendor payments. The Town Treasurer also serves as the custodian of tax title property.